The Smoking Blend by Da Lua Herbals is a chemical-free and plant-based alternative filled with therapeutic properties
These tobacco substitutes usually contain two organic, medicinal plants: 1 base herb + 1 aromatic herb
– Base herbs: raspberry leaf, mallow, or mullein (subject to availability)
– Aromatic herbs: marigold, catnip, peppermint, sage, jasmine, or lotus (subject to availability)
For properties of each plant, download the product file as PDF.
(Specific healing mixes can be custom-made upon request. Keep in mind most plants are seasonal and therefore not all blends are available all year long. If you want a specific base herb, let me know in the comment section when placing your order. If it isn’t available I’ll select the most similar one.)
– Scroll down for ingredients, properties of each herb, recommended uses & more.
Ingredients & Properties
– Raspberry: is balancing and has a very neutral flavour & similar texture to organic tobacco, making it perfect for smokers transitioning from tobacco. It contains a lot of medicinal compounds such as tannins, flavonoids, ellagic acid, vitamin A, C, potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
– Mallow: is soothing for the throat, produces mild relaxation due to its terpenoids and soothes the mucus membranes of the gut lining, throat and lymph nodes.
– Mullein: is cleansing and expectorant for the lungs. offers a light calming sensation while also helping to cleanse and relax the lungs. It can also help those struggling to sleep or victim of insomnia.
– Marigold: The bright orange and vibrant flower petals create a fully balanced smoke blend that burns evenly and tastes smooth and delicious, without interfering with other flavours. It has anti-inflammatory healing properties that calm muscle spasms, heal ulcers, and aid menstruation.
– Catnip: is soothing to the nervous system, improves sleep and digestion, and relieves toothaches. It tastes delicately fresh.
– Peppermint: is a strong purifying agent, clearing the respiratory passages, and therefore lowers cravings of nicotine. It is stimulating, improves blood circulation, relaxes the nerves and gives a fresh aftertaste.
– Sage: is a powerful cleanser, both physical and energetic. It lifts moods, combats depression, relieves congestion and stuffed nose. Has a potent flavour and smell, so it is best smoked alone rather than mixed with tobacco or other herbs.
– Jasmine: with a fairly neutral flavour and round smoke, it reduces the heart rate and brings on feelings of relaxation and optimism.
– Lotus: is noted for its calming euphoria, aphrodisiac qualities, sedation and anxiety relieving qualities.
Handmade in small batches with organic, local, fair trade plants. Contains no artificial dyes or preservatives. *Wild-foraged and/or from biological origin. With love, in Portugal.
Dosage & Use
Can be smoked alone or mixed with other plants & tobacco. Can also be infused for tea.
We have carefully chosen a variety of organic and chemical-free smoking herbs to keep your lungs happy.
Avoid during pregnancy, when breastfeeding or with chronic respiratory problems.
Store in a dry place, away from direct sunlight. When empty, reuse container or return to Da Lua so it can be recycled.
Any variations in colour & texture are totally normal and due to the natural origin of all ingredients. Don’t panic, it’s organic!